- Use of LEDs provides high reliability
- Low power consumption
- Unrivalled combination of functions for military helicopters
- Fully qualified for military helicopter requirements
- Both modes can be dimmed and offer multiple flash patterns
- No separate control unit required
- Simple cockpit mode selector switch only
- Standard and low profile variants available
- Exceeds conventional red ACL performance for night operations
- Complies with FAA/EASA requirements
- Inherently NVG friendly
- High reliability IR diodes for covert operation
Starflash Bi-Mode LED Anti-Collision Light
The Starflash Bi-Mode anti-collision light is an LED unit for military aircraft offering light weight and exceptional reliability.
It can be used as a replacement for existing rotating beacon or flashtube based ACLs, facilitated by a range of base fitting options. It is also the natural choice for new build aircraft, and is fully qualified for rotorcraft use.
In visible mode its output exceeds the civil airworthiness requirements for helicopter anti-collision lights. The visible output is inherently night vision goggle friendly. It operates over a range of voltages.
In both covert and visible modes a range of different flash patterns and dim setting can be selected with a switch in the cockpit. It is light in weight and completely stand-alone, requiring no separate drive box or capacitor.